Friday 17 March 2017

Taciturn but not Unobservant.



I looked outside the window, to digest the view of Agbara Market, the view of women and men alike hustling, but mostly women. My mind wandered to America and how things in the movies are always organized and dreamy but I shook my head, saying “It’s not heaven”.

“E fun mi l’owo mi” The Agbero yelled at the bus conductor, my buttocks was getting sore from sitting in a bus for close to 20 minutes while the conductor called his passengers “Which money?” the conductor answered in Nigerian Pidgin English. When the thug realized that their conversation was going no where, he went to the front of the vehicle and pulled at the windshield wipers, in an attempt to destroy something.

I looked round, for any Law enforcement agent at all to put things under control, I laid my eyes on a LASTMA officer who was beside the bus, paying no attention to what was happening. Deep down, controversial questions popped up, “These Agberos, who are they?” “Do they work for themselves or the government?”” Why can’t this LASTMA officer do something? “”Where is the Police?”.
Questions upon questions, if I don’t ask them who will? These are simple things that ruin the society but are overlooked by individuals. Who truly are these people?
--From a very curious 14 year old.

No comments: