Saturday 18 March 2017

A Story To Tell.



Do you ever look at conductors and you just melt? Not because of their good looks (if they have any at all) but because of the innocence beneath the tough façade, the story their eyes are hiding, do you feel like you need to do something?

I know what you’re thinking, why is she writing a post about bus conductors? About those rude thieves? They deserve no pity from anyone. Does she have a fetish for Transport workers or something?

I’m writing about them because I want to, I need to, I have to write because my mouth lacks the courage to carry words. Those rude thieves have no choice, they have lived rough lives and view life from the perspective they grew up with, they are thieves because everyone else is. My Government teacher said “Everyone in Lagos is looking out to exploit another” and I totally agree. I have no fetish for Transport Workers.

People need to change the way they look at people, never ever feel superior. I know they have stories, of unfinished educations, of business failures, of health failures, the list is endless. Appreciate little things and judge less. I came across a bus conductor once and I was honestly impressed by his fluency in the English Language, the air of superiority and I was quite sure that he didn’t want this, that this just happened (even if it was a gradual process) and he’d do anything to leave it behind.

Do you ever think of these things? Do you ever make up stories when you stare into someone’s eyes? Because I do!

No comments: